I've been encountering an issue with my desktop PC where it randomly freezes. The freeze can last anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes, and it happens without any warning. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 21H1, on a system with an AMD Ryzen 5 processor, 16GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti graphics card.
Here's what I've tried so far:
- Updated all my drivers, including the chipset and graphics drivers.
- Ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to check for RAM issues – no problems were detected.
- Checked the Event Viewer after each freeze, but there are no clear error messages that point to the cause.
- Performed a clean boot to see if any startup services are causing the issue.
- Monitored CPU and GPU temperatures to ensure there's no overheating – all within normal ranges.
Despite these efforts, the problem persists. It seems to occur regardless of what I'm doing on the PC; it could happen while browsing the web, working in Office applications, or even when idle.
Has anyone else experienced something similar or have any suggestions on what else I could try? Could this be related to a recent Windows update or possibly a hardware fault?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance