I have an old K7VZA mobo and today after clearing the cmos by using JP1 jumper the computer won't boot and i get 4 long beeps and then it shuts down automatically.
I have tried the following:
- set the jumper used to clear the bios multiple times in [CLEAR CMOS] position and then back to [NORMAL] position;
- removed any PCI cards, HDD, Floppy Disk Drive and left only the cpu, the agp card and one stick of ram;
- the cpu fan is connected properly to CPUFAN1 power connector and is working;
- i have removed the battery on the mobo and kept it out for a few minutes;
- the bios write protect jumper is set to short pins 1 - 2 which means [DISABLED].
Still no luck.
The bios was flashed some years ago when i have installed an amd athlon cpu and anything went ok.
As i said anything worked good today until i have removed the creative sound blaster pci card and cleared the cmos settings so the onboard sound will be enabled again.
I would really apreciate any help. Thank you.
Dernière édition par stephenjohnson le 29 Aoû 2008, 09:14, édité 1 fois au total.